Write Your Own Bill
You are a newly elected Member of Congress. It is up to you as to whether you are a Senator or a Representative from your State. You made several important promises during your campaign and now that you have taken your seat, you need to show the constituents you represent that you are going to fulfill at least one of these promises with a bill you write and introduce into your chamber.
- Choose a topic for your bill:
- Envision the constituents that elected you
- Imagine that you have interacted with your constituents
- What’s making news?
- Look to other states
- Look to your own experience
- Look at current logs and regulations
- Use the internet
- Research your bill topic:
- Look at existing law
- Explore various solutions to the issue
- Support your position with facts and figures
- Determine your support and opposition
- When writing your bill:
- Ensure clarity, organization and accuracy
- Ensure you are creating law
- Anticipate questions and concerns
- Proofread and check grammar
- Bill structure (see attached)
- Bill writing checklist (see attached)
Please find your answer attached..
Take help and if y