1. Using the DMS method to describe an angle, one degree of angle measurement can be divided into how many minutes?
2. When drawn on a circle, the angle 472° is drawn in the same position as
3. The trig functions cosine and secant are related through a(n) _______ trig identity.
4. How many complete revolutions are needed to draw the angle 725°?
5. Over what range of angles does the value of sin(?) consistently increase?
A. 45° to 135°
B. 0° to 90°
C. 90° to 180°
D. 0° to 180°
6. The cosine function for a specific angle in a triangle is defined by the ratio of the triangle's
A. opposite side and hypotenuse.
B. adjacent side and hypotenuse.
C. adjacent side and opposite angle.
D. opposite side and adjacent side.
7. To use the law of sines, which of the following statements must be true?
A. The triangle must be a right triangle.
B. At least one side length and opposite angle pair must be known.
C. At least two angles must be known.
D. All three side lengths must be known.
8. Trigonometric functions using the ratio of two sides of a triangle can be used to solve _______ triangles.
9. In what quadrant is the angle 237° located?
10. An angle in a right triangle is identified as ?. If the tangent of ? equals one, what must be true about the triangle side lengths?
A. The side adjacent to theta is half the length of the hypotenuse.
B. The sides opposite and adjacent to theta are the same length.
C. The side adjacent to theta is longer than the adjacent side.
D. The side opposite to theta is longer than the adjacent side.
11. The electrical signal created by a piece of test equipment at a specific point in time is described by the function Vinst(t) = 12 × sin(360 × 60 × 6.3 + 79). What is the maximum voltage produced by the system?
A. 60 V
B. 6.3 V
C. 12 V
D. 79 V
12. The height of a sinusoidal wave is called its
13. An inverse trigonometric function is used to find the value of an unknown obtuse angle in a triangle. The inverse function returns the angle 68°. What is the value of the unknown angle?
14. _______ angles are used to relate the values returned by inverse trigonometric functions to angles larger than 90°.
15. The cosine function can be made to have the same values as the sine function for each angle by including a shifted _______ in the calculation.
16. The relationship 1/sin(?) is equivalent to which of the following trigonometric functions?
17. Which of the following trigonometric functions can be described as a reciprocal trig function?
18. Calculate the value of tan (48°19'23").
19. All reference angles must be
A. less than 90°.
B. less than 45°.
C. more than 360°.
D. between 90° and 180°.
20. Moving waves can be described either as a function of time or as a function of