Write a Java™ GUI application using a NetBeans® IDE that does home utility auditing.
The user should be able to do the following:
- Enter the cost per kilowatt-hour.
- Select from a list of 5 to 7 home appliances, which include a washer, among other appliances.
- Enter the power needed in kilowatts (kW) for the selected appliance.
- Enter the number of hours used per day for the selected appliance.
- If the washer is selected, enter both the number of gallons of water used by the washer per hour and the cost per gallon.
The program should do the following:
- Validate that the data entered has the correct format, and is within a reasonable range.
- Calculate and display the cost for operating a home appliance as soon as the data is entered.
- Create a listing area to display each of the following for each appliance entered:
- Home appliance
- Number of hours per day
- Display and update the total cost of all appliances, as soon as a new entry is added to the listing area.
The Java™ application should meet these technical requirements:
- The application should have at least one class, in addition to the application's controlling class (where the main function resides).
There should be proper documentation in the source code.