Company chosen was Riordan Manufacturing:
Complete a Risk Assessment and Security Audit of the organization.
Select an organization for your team to perform a security audit; you must obtain permission from the organization to access it. (As an alternative, the team may select one of the Virtual Organizations. The team would need to clearly document the assumptions made related to the selected Virtual Organization.)
Consider the risk assessment, controls, and legal and ethical issues discussed throughout the course when performing your audit within your team. To perform the audit, you must do the following:
- Identify security best practices discussed in this course.
- Evaluate the current policies and their effectiveness.
- When you perform the security audit, consider the legal and ethical issues discussed in Week Three. Reflect on the risk assessment performed in Weeks Four and Five, and the life cycle issues in Week Six--configuration management, annual reviews, security analysis and design, and so forth--and the best practices discussed in all six week.
Write a 10-15 page paper in which you include the following:
- A brief overview of the organization, including how they manage security, the main threats, and legal and ethical concerns
- The effectiveness of security management with respect to protecting major assets
- How the audit was conducted--observation, document review, interview, and so forth
- The top risks you found during implementation, in addition to the top best practices
- A summary of all your findings
- Any recommendations you would make to improve security performance and meet legal and ethical concerns--as well as additional policies or controls that should be implemented
Founded in 1991, Riordan Manufacturing ranks among the world’s leaders in plastics manufacturing. From its headquarters in San Jose, California, Riordan Manufacturing oversees