Unit 4 Implementation and Modification
Assignment Type: Individual Project Deliverable Length: 3-4 pages
In November 2003 the U.S. Congress passed a controversial health policy bill that President George W. Bush signed into law. The new legislation makes the most far-reaching changes to Medicare since the program was created in 1965. Please address the following questions:
· Why were changes to Medicare deemed necessary?
· What are the main provisions of the new legislation? Do you think they accomplish the desired goals?
· Who was involved in setting the agenda for this policy change? Discuss the roles and interests of specific agenda setters and their influence on the development of the legislation.
· Why was the legislation controversial? Discuss the claims of the law's supporters and detractors. Who will benefit from the changes?
· Do you think having electronically stored data (such as costs and access to individual patient files) played a role in the decision-making process?
Use the Library or other Web resources to support your answer.
Assignment Type: Discussion Board Deliverable Length: 3-4 paragraphs
Please describe some major differences in health policy between the Military Health System, the Veterans Health Administration, and the private sector.
· Give an example of how policies in one system might influence policymaking in another system.
· What are some criteria for answering the question, "is the issue significant enough to spend political resources?"
Hi,I have done it as per your requirements.Feel free