Capstone DB [[[***** Target Corporation and Walmart Company + Charts in Excel Sheet and Word File + Discussed All Questions + References *****]]]
The purpose of the Discussion Board is to allow students to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content and the DB question. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB will be accepted after the end of each week.
As the fund manager for a large mutual fund, you are preparing for a conference call with all your major investors. You plan to e-mail everyone with an attachment that will serve as a guide for the upcoming call. You know investors' time is limited, so you want to be focused in your brief report. Because there are numerous figures to discuss, you will be including 1 or more charts all in the same document.
For each of the following points, prepare both a paragraph of commentary and an appropriate chart to support it.
· Find the last 4 years' sales and profit or net income data for a major retail corporation.
· Calculate profit as a percentage of sales; be careful to place the decimal point correctly.
· Prepare a paragraph of explanation/interpretation of the data as if this were a small part of a lengthy report to potential investors.
· Prepare a chart to display all the information in a meaningful way.
Suggestions for Responding to Peer Posts
Review your peer's chart and commentary, and consider the following questions:
· Is their commentary sufficient support for the chart and enough information to supply potential investors with?
· Is the chart understandable or confusing?
· What do you think about the chart design?
· Was the sales, net income, and percentage of sales calculated correctly? If not, explain what went wrong and provide the correct calculations.
Unit 2 Effective Presentation (DB)
Capstone Discussion Board (DB)
Capstone DB [