1. These create differences across national boundaries that influence how people interact, read personal cues, and otherwise interrelate socially.
2. The DMAIC (define, measure, analyze, improve, and control) process is relevant to
strategic matrix analysis
3. While these may under perform established products in mainstream markets, they often offer features or capabilities appreciated by some fringe customer group.
4. A leader’s vision should be
5. Short-term objectives assist strategy implementation by identifying measurable outcomes of action plans or functional activities, which can make feedback, correction, and evaluation
more geared toward growth
more relevant and acceptable
6. Power Fund is a long-standing brokerage firm with a great history of high returns and well-managed growth. The managers at Power Fund repeatedly refer to terms like quality, growth, and reliability in the firm’s advertisements. This demonstrates managers’
dissemination of stories and legends about core values.
building time into the organization.
emphasis on key themes or dominant values.
managing the firm globally.
7. This is concerned with tracking a strategy as it is being implemented, detecting problems or changes in its underlying premises, and making necessary adjustments.
8. This, called kaizen in Japanese, is the process of relentlessly trying to find ways to improve and enhance a company’s products and processes from design through assembly, sales, and service.
9. Strategic surveillance must be kept
as fast as possible.
as focused as possible.
as unfocused as possible.
10. The effort to familiarize future leaders with the skills important to the company and to develop exceptional leaders among the managers you employ is
identifying an action plan
education and leadership development
11. Key, routine activities that must be undertaken in each department of the organization are
12. CCC21 stands for
continuous cost competitiveness in the 21st century.
cost chain competition for the 21st century.
competitive cost competency in the 21st century.
construction of cost competitiveness for the 21st century.
Discussion about and agreement on short-term objectives help raise issues and potential conflicts within an organization that usually
require additional personnel
focus on public relations
need little coordination
require organizational coordination
14. This idea factor involves following demographic and other broad trends and trying to develop ideas that may be relevant and useful.
15. Organizational culture includes important assumptions shared by members of the organization. These assumptions are often
very obvious to outsiders
very similar to all other organizations in that industry
16. These are also referred to as crowdsourcing or open innovation.
17. Short-term objectives are usually
set to be completed within 5 years
completed within 2 months
18. In which type of strategy do functional tactics translate into action designed to accomplish specific short-term objectives?
STR 581 W