1. The ability to meet humanity’s needs without harming future generations is now a top priority in most corporate agenda
2. This is a historically popular technique through which managers create a quick overview of a company's strategic situation—it is based on achieving a sound fit between internal resources and the external situation.
Value chain analysis
3. New-to-the-world products are ________.
new products that create an entirely new market
existing products that are targeted to new geographical markets
low-cost products designed to obtain an edge in highly competitive markets
new product enhancements that supplement established products
4. Prestige LLC, a small company that manufactures specialty cereals and energy bars, wants to launch a "green marketing" program in response to heightened consumer awareness about environmental issues. What should the company do to maximize the program's chances of being successful?
Demonstrate that the products will benefit both customers and the society in the long-term.
Focus on the efforts and costs incurred by the company to bring these "green" products to consumers.
Emphasize benefits to the consumer rather than environmental benefits.
Explain the rules and regulations laid out by governmental agencies to protect the environment.
5. BMW's "The ultimate driving machine," American Express' "Don't leave home without it," New York Times' "All the news that's fit to print," and AT&T's "Reach out and touch someone" are all examples of ________.
6. A company that attempts to lead its industry in price and convenience by pursuing a focus on lean and efficient operations is pursuing what strategy?
7. This is an important structural decision and resultant separate activities need to be coordinated and integrated back together as a whole so the business functions effectively.
8. Marketers need to identify the hierarchy of attributes that guide consumer decision making in order to understand different competitive forces and how these various sets get formed. This process of identifying the hierarchy is called ________.
9. When performing this analysis, it is good for strategic planners to consider similarities between the benefits the customers derive from the products and services that other firms offer.
10. Leaders galvanize commitment to embrace change through clarifying strategic intent, building an organization, and
shaping organizational culture
developing a mission
developing a vision
11. Large-scale, future-oriented plans for interacting with the competitive environment to achieve the company objective refers to its
12. Under which of the following conditions is the frequency the most important factor in media selection?
When there is high consumer resistance to the product
When going into undefined target markets
When introducing flanker brands
When launching infrequently purchased brands
13. Which component of a marketing audit includes major developments in income, prices, savings, and credit that affect the company?