Sondgeroth Company performs the following accounting tasks during the year.
Accounting is “an information system that identifies, records, and communicates the economic events of an organization to interested users.”
Categorize the accounting tasks performed by Sondgeroth as relating to either the identification, recording, or communication aspects of accounting.
1. Analyzing and interpreting information.
2. Classifying economic events.
3. Explaining uses, meaning, and limitations of data.
4. Keeping a systematic chronological diary of events.
5. Measuring events in dollars and cents.
6. Preparing accounting reports.
7. Reporting information in a standard format.
8. Selecting economic activities relevant to the company.
9. Summarizing economic events.
Categorize the accounting tasks performed by Sondgeroth as relating to either the identification (I), recording (R), or communication (C) aspects of accounting.