Solve the following problems, showing your work:
- In a poll, respondents were asked whether they had ever been in a car accident. 177 respondents indicated that they had been in a car accident and 107 respondents said that they had not been in a car accident. If one of these respondents is randomly selected, what is the probability of getting someone who has been in a car accident?
- The data set represents the income levels of the members of a country club. Find the probability that a randomly selected member earns at least $102,000
INCOME (Thousands of dollars)
108 128 82 138 85 108 88 76 158 208
79 98 148 85 128 118 88 168 73 118
- In a certain class of students, there are 13 boys from Wilmette, 3 girls from Kenilworth, 11 girls from Wilmette, 6 boys from Glencoe, 5 boys from Kenilworth and 6 girls from Glencoe. If the teacher calls upon a student to answer a question, what is the probability that the student will be from Kenilworth?
- Find the probability of correctly answering the first 2 questions on a multiple choice test if random guesses are made and each question has 4 possible answers.
- Of 1906 people who came into a blood bank to give blood, 300 people had high blood pressure. Estimate the probability that the next person who comes in to give blood will have high blood pressure.