SlideShow and report for inf103 computer literacy
ATTENTION; ATTACHMENT IS BELOW FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT! Post your research paper slide show presentation to this discussion forum (PowerPoint, optional PowerPoint with Jing or optional Prezi). Analyze and provide constructive critiques for at least two of your classmates' slide shows. You will use the feedback you receive on your slide show to make improvements for the final submission to your instructor on Day 7 of Week Five.
Include written observations about the following in your constructive critiques:
· Focus of the Research Paper
· Your Research Paper will focus on a particular main theme or topic related to today's and tomorrow's technologies and their impact on society. Your textbook will serve as a main source of ideas and information to define and explore your theme/topic. In addition, you will utilize Library databases and web resources (using Diigo) for research.
· Possible Themes/Topics
· Artificial Intelligence
· Cloud Computing
· Collaborative Applications
· Computer and Web Ethics
· Converging Technologies
· Copyright, Intellectual Property and Innovation
· Digital Divide
· Green Technology
· Mobile Computing
· Open Source Software
· Social Web
· Virtual Reality
· The research-based paper should demonstrate your competence to do the following:
· Define the selected theme/topic and build your thesis and supporting materials.
· Conduct research by using the Internet and Library databases to locate, evaluate, and download information from a variety of sources to substantiate your thesis.
· Build a complex document that is long and includes tables, graphs and/or other embedded objects.
· Generate charts using data from an Excel spreadsheet to include in the paper.
· Plan and build a presentation using PowerPoint and/or optional tools to summarize the contents of the paper.
· Enhance the presentation with objects from the drawing toolbar and multimedia.
· Insert images into documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
· All sources used must be properly cited, and the paper must be formatted according the APA (6th edition) style. If you would like to refer to APA samples and tutorials, log into the Ashford Library (http://library.ashford.edu/index.aspx).
· Writing the Research Paper
· The Research Paper:
· Must include a cover page that includes:
· Title of paper
· Student’s name
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Date submitted
· Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
· Must use at least seven scholarly resources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford Online Library.
· Must use APA style as outlined in your approved style guide to document all sources.
· Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
· Focus of the PowerPoint Slide Show Presentation
· The PowerPoint slide show presentation will summarize the research paper using a graphical format for instructor and peer critique. While text is used, an electronic presentation integrates graphics, objects from the drawing toolbar, clipart, chart (Excel or PowerPoint) design templates, backgrounds, animation, transitions, and more.
· Optional: Instead of a regular PowerPoint slide show presentation, you may pursue two alternative routes:
· Create a Jing screencast presentation based on your regular PowerPoint slide show
· Create a non-linear Prezi presentation
· The Slide Show Presentation:
· Must include eight to ten slides
· First, a title slide should be created.
· Second, create slide which will show either graphically or through text an organization of your presentation (table of contents).
· Third, the body of the slide show must be developed. This will be the bulk of your presentation.
· Fourth, create a slide to conclude the presentation. Some people use poems, audio clips, phrases, or visuals to "sum it up.”
· Finally, a citation slide listing all references must be created. All sources must be listed which also includes images, objects that you didn't create, etc.
· Post your slide show into the Discussion 2: Slide Show Presentation Critique by Day 3 of Week Four.
· Do not forget to submit the slide show with your research paper by Day 7 of Week Five.
· Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
· Remaining Work in Week 5
· Terrific, you are almost done with the Research Project! Use your Research Paper to create Wordle art in this week's Discussion 2, "Wordle of Your Research Paper."
· Then, add some finishing touches to your Research Paper before you send it to your instructor.
· Create a table of contents after the document has been created and carefully proofread it. Keep in mind that spell-check does not replace careful proofreading!
· Use headings to precede the text for these sections: Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
· Specific information about formatting the document can be found in the approved APA style guide.