SCI/207 Dependence of Man on the Environment
You are required to critically analyze one of the following five (5) environmental issues that have been addressed in Contemporary Environmental Issues and the associated course material to demonstrate your comprehension of the fundamental characteristics associated with the concept of a sustainable world. The Final Paper should incorporate student research, assigned readings, class discussions, and personal experience.
- Choice One – Are alternative energy sources the answer to ending human dependence on oil?
- Choice Two –Is global warming due to human actions? Can the human race take action to stop global warming?
- Choice Three – Is genetic engineering the answer to ending global hunger?
- Choice Four – Should cars be more efficient?
- Choice Five – Is wind power green?
Based on material obtained in class as well as outside material, you must:
- Present both sides of the argument. You may address one side at a time or point-by-point. It is important to maintain an unbiased approach and to fully discuss both sides of the issue. In other words, the answers “yes” and “no” should be thoroughly explored for the question/issue you select.
- Discuss the impact of this environmental issue on a sustainable world, and provide a critical analysis of the current issue.