Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the "Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment" in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 2: Brochure or Presentation on a Religion
Due Week 10 and worth 240 points
Select one (1) of the following religions with which you are least familiar: Buddhism, Islam, or Judaism, and complete this assignment.
Choose Buddhism, Judaism, or Islam and create a four to six (4-6) page brochure in which you:
1. Focus on one (1) of the following topics:
a. major festivals (discuss a minimum of two  of your choice)
b. meditation (purpose, method, etc.)
c. rites of passage (funerals, marriage, etc.)
2. Provide a brief overview of the following:
a. the type / sect of the religion on which you are reporting
b. the origin of the religion, key people who practice, beliefs, view of God, description of the sacred text
c. the countries where the festival / meditation rites of passage are practiced
d. the festival / meditation / rite of passage of this religion
3. Include five to ten (5-10) images to make your brochure engaging, attractive, and easy to read.
4. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Analyze the similarities and differences in the primary beliefs held by major religious traditions and the cultures in which these religions evolved.
· Describe the varieties of religious experience and practice in a wide range of cultures.
· Recognize how daily life within various religions and current affairs are influenced by religion.
· Develop written pieces that demonstrate an analysis of a topic relevant to the course.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in religion.
· Write clearly and concisely about world religions using proper writing mechanics
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.