This is not step-by-step solution, it's the question/answers solution. MyStatLab has an option "View an Example" that has all the formulas. I have the works for all practice quizzes though. 1. A new type of screening for lung cancer, CT, has been developed.
2. A study of Machiavellian traits in salesmen was performed.
3. Consider the accompanying dot plots A and B. Complete the ANOVA table for both dot plots. Plot A: 6,7,8,8,9,10; 12,13,14,14,15,16. Plot B: 5,7,7,11,11,13; 10,10,12,16,18,18.
4. The data in the table to the right resulted from the experiment that utilized a completely randomized design.
|Treatment 1||Treatment 2||Treatment 3|
5. The partially completed ANOVA for 3×4 factorial experiment with two replications is shown to the right:
6. A study of four different types of egg housing system was performed.
7. What conditions must n satisfy to make x^2 test valid?
8. The table to the right gives the breakdown of the root causes of a sample of 91 industrial accidents…Test using a=0.05.
|System Cause||Number of Incidents|
9. Each day’s proportion of one week’s total truck traffic is shown in the table to the right…Test using a=0.01.
10. Find the rejection regions for a test of independence of two classifications: a). a=0.05, r=4, c=6; b). a=0.10, r=5, c=6; c). a=0.01, r=4, c=5.
11. Test the null hypothesis of independence of the two classifications. Test using a=0.05.
12. A researcher examined the political strategies used by the ethnic groups worldwide in their fight for minority rights. Each in a sample of 277 ethnic groups…Conduct a test using a=0.10.
|World Region||No Political Action (N)||Mobilization, Mass Action (M)||Terrorism, Rebellion, Civil War (T)||Totals|