Individual Assignment: Professional Interview and Response
Refer to the University of Phoenix Material: Professional Interview and Response Guidelines, located on the student website, for assignment guidelines.
Interview two helping service professionals from two different settings, such as a school, hospital, or prison. Ensure that at least one of the interviewees is a clinical psychologist.
Provide the name and work environment of the two professionals you interviewed.
Ask the following questions to each of your interviewees:
· In what setting do you practice? How long have you been practicing?
· What are your specialties or areas of clinical focus?
· What are the most common disorders you treat?
· Do you have any special certifications or training beyond your original graduate coursework?
· How do you approach therapy or treatment? Do you use specific modalities, techniques, or interventions?
· What ethical and legal issues do you think are the most challenging or common?
· Do you have an opinion on where you think the field of psychology is heading?
· What do you enjoy most about your work?
· What advice would you provide an aspiring psychologist or therapist?
Discuss, in a 350- to 700-word response, the similarities and differences of how these professionals approach treatment in their settings.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.