Identify a social issue, such as domestic violence, child abuse, homelessness, business ethics, or international human rights violations.
Obtain facilitator approval.
Prepare a 1,750- to 2,100-word campaign for an intervention strategy that addresses your issue. Include the following items:
· Discuss the nature and history of your issue.
· Examine the effect the issue has on society.
· Select at least two elements of persuasion utilized in your campaign.
· Justify the use of these elements by connecting them to various motivations of altruistic behavior as identified in social exchange theory.
· Discuss the implications of your strategy in terms of intervention and prevention.
Altruism in Society
The social issue Team C selected is that of rehabilitating prisoners. Prison is supposed to serve as a punishment for disobeying society’s laws, but in some cases it ruins an individual’s chance of ever returning to mainstream society. This paper begins with a look at the history of the prison system and its effects.