1. What are the causes of stress in Michael’s or Jennifer’s life? How is stress affecting Michael’s or Jennifer’s health?
2. How are these stressors impacting Michael’s or Jennifer’s self-concept and self-esteem?
3. How might Michael’s or Jennifer’s situation illustrate adjustment? How might this situation become an opportunity for personal growth?
4. What defensive coping methods is Michael or Jennifer using? What active coping methods might be healthier for Michael or Jennifer to use? Explain why you would recommend these methods.
5. Select one theory of personality and use this theory to tell Michael or Jennifer how this theory explains his or her situation. 6. In what stage of development is Michael or Jennifer and what factors about this stage might be impacting his or her perspective of this situation?
Complete the following questions in 150 to 200 words each. Be as detailed as possible and use the information you have learned throughout this course.
Ans 1. What are the causes of stress in Michael’s or Jennifer’s life? How is stress
affecting Michael’s or Jennifer’s health?
Jennifer seems to be a “People pleasure”. She cares too much about what are the other people’s expectations from her. She seems to be under a lot of stress due to first – her mother’s death and then her miscarriage. She also seems to be under a lot of worry from her father’s side .She seems to be feeling as if she has failed everyone. She seems to be low on Self esteem. On the other hand she is also under a lot of pressure from her office due to her tight schedule Because of too much thinking about all these factors she seems to have lost her mental peace thus suffering from all these health problems.
Michael’s stress is brought about both from his home life and his work life. At home he is struggling after losing both his wife and children in a divorce. Even though he is allowed to see them but not as often as he would like Although he can still see his children, it is not as often as he would like. On the work front he is under a lot of pressure owing to fact that his boss has implied that several individuals are going to be laid off from work and he is afraid that once he loses his job he won’t be able to take care of his children.
All these factors are negatively affecting Michael’s health. Due to too much thinking and pressure his health is taking a hit.
Ans 2. How are these stresses impacting Michael’s or Jennifer’s self-concept and self-esteem?
In Jennifer’s case her thoughts that she has failed everyone has led to low Self esteem. She seems to be taking the whole responsibility of whatever bad has happened upon her whole shoulders even though it&rs