Question #1 .
Your facilitator will assign you one of the following questions. Analyze the assigned neurological disorder and prepare a report in a two- to three-page document.
- Evaluate the causes of stroke. Discuss the differences between transient ischemic attack and cerebrovascular accidents (CVA). Discuss the types, warning signals, and treatment of CVA.
- What causes migraine headache? Discuss its signs, precipitating factors, and treatment. Discuss the role of analgesic drugs.
- Why is it important to determine whether a patient is suffering from viral or bacterial meningitis? Explain the cause, pathophysiology, manifestations, laboratory investigations, and treatment of bacterial meningitis.
- Read and evaluate the pathophysiology associated with Alzheimer's disease. Describe the changes in the brain as Alzheimer's disease develops along with the effects on body functions. What are the possible treatments of the disease?
Question # 2
Prepare a two- to three-page report about the use and application of various drugs. In your report include answers to the following questions:
- Which are the common anesthetic drugs?
- What drugs are commonly used to anesthetize a patient undergoing abdominal surgery and why?
- What are the most common anticonvulsants or tranquilizers used to treat epileptic patients (drugs to prevent seizures)?
- Discuss the mode of action of all the above drugs.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of using narcotic and nonnarcotic drugs for the treatment of chronic and severe pain.
- Discuss the merits and demerits of oral, intravenous, and intramuscular administration of drugs.
- Discuss the iatrogenic and teratogenic effects of various drugs.
Present your report in a two- to three-page Word document.