1) Chronic Health Issues and the Public Workplace" Please respond to the following:
• Analyze the issues involved in controlling costs for disabled and chronically ill employees. Discuss two major challenges and recommend two strategies your agency will implement.
• From the e-Activity and the information found in the textbook about health challenges and managers’ responsibilities, recommend a resolution to the following scenario: Over the past 12 months, 10 employees in your agency of 200 employees have been diagnosed with chronic illnesses and this has caused the agency over $200,000 in costs related to insurance coverage, short- and long-term disability, sick leave, FMLA, and unpaid leave. Implementation of a comprehensive workplace health program would be ideal. However, to implement the program, the agency would have downsize (or lay off) at least 10% of the workforce and increase insurance costs for the remaining employees. Discuss at least one way to implement a health coverage program without downsizing or recommend a strategy the agency can implement to address a win-win for everyone.
2) "Public Employees' Liability for Constitutional Torts" Please respond to the following:
• Debate It: Take a position for or against this statement: Public sector employees charged with offenses outside of the workplace should be held accountable and liable for their actions – written reprimand, administrative leave, or dismissal from public service. Provide two reasons and examples to support your position.
• Hypothesize a situation in which a public administrator or employee should have the constitutional right to disobey a directive ordered by a superior. Provide at two reasons and examples to support your position.
NOTE: THREE ANSWERS POSTED FOR THE PRICE OF 1