1. Which of the following is the net requirement using an MRP program if the gross requirement is 10,000 and the inventory on hand is 4,000?
2. Which of the following is one of Dr. Eli Goldratt's rules of production scheduling for optimized production technology?
• An hour saved at a bottleneck operation does not increase the process flow.
• If you lose an hour at a bottleneck it is better than making scrap.
• Do not allow bottlenecks to govern the flow of the line.
• Utilization and activation of a resource are not the same.
3. Which is the one correct value stream principle?
• Look for efficiencies in the factory, office, physical, procedural, and technical operations.
• Eliminate waste that stops, slows down, or diverts the value stream.
• Concentrate on speeding up value-adding operations rather than removing waste.
• Keep the value stream moving at minimum velocity.
4. Which production process term best describes the situation when activities in a stage of production must stop because there is no work?
5. Which of the following is an element that addresses elimination of waste under lean production?
• Kanban production control system
• Production ahead of demand
• Minimized run times
• Group plant loading technology
6. Which of the following is an analytical tool used in Six-Sigma quality improvement programs?
• Gantt charts
• Pareto charts
• Tree charts
• Pedigree charts
7. Which of the following is usually included as an inventory holding cost?
• Order placing
• Quantity discounts
• Typing up an order
8. Which of the following is a characteristic that can be used to guide the design of service systems?
• Services are all similar.
• Services businesses are inherently entrepreneurial.
• Quality work means quality service.
• Services cannot be inventoried.
9. Which of the following is considered an organizational blueprint, which prescribes the quantity and time frame for when each end product will be assembled?
• MRP (Material Requirements Plan)
• ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
• MPS (Master Production Schedule)
• WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
10. There are many applications of poka-yokes in service organizations. Which of the following is one of the three-T's used to classify poka-yokes?
11. The ability to rapidly and inexpensively switch production from one product to another enables which of the following:
• Economies of shape
• Economies of size
• Economies of scale
• Economies of scope
12. Which of the following is a cost impact and payoff analysis tool from the operations consulting tool kit?
• Statistical tools
• Decision trees
• Work sampling
• Gap analysis
13. Which of the following is a major factor that distinguishes service design and development from manufacturing design and development?
• The service package has the same legal protection available to manufactured goods.
• Manufacturing is far more capital intensive than services.
• The service process and service product can be developed independently.
• The service package is the major output of the development process.
14. In a Gantt chart the vertical axis represents which of the following?
15. A project can be segmented into which of the following?