Assignment Background Information
After evaluating and completing support for high-definition IP cameras to enhance security for Devry University, you have completed a design of the network switching infrastructure that fully supports both the existing data traffic and the additional camera traffic according to requirements.
As the network engineer, you have been asked to standardize all network configs for the camera network across the Devry University campus. Your manager needs you to implement standards for the configuration teams to follow. Remember, your design of the network switching infrastructure fully supports both the existing data traffic and the additional camera traffic according to prior requirements.
This week, your manager has scheduled a meeting to discuss your template of configurations.
1. Determine configuration requirements based on camera density and traffic patterns; and
2. Provide a configuration template based on the “Design Requirements”.
Your team’s configuration template should address each of the following requirements:
1. Four camera VLANs;
2. Local VLAN database;
3. Standard trunking protocol w/non-default native VLAN;
4. Manual pruning of VLANs;
5. Nonstandard management VLAN;
6. Standard hostnames;
7. Local authentication database w/ privilege level 15 for all senior network engineers, and privilege level 1 for junior engineers;
8. SSH transport for VTY ports;
9. Password-protect on all out-of-band management ports; and
10. Global time updates.