Negotiating about Pandas for the San Diego Zoo - 99485
- What are the issues to be negotiated?
- What are the priorities among the issues in the bargaining mix?
- Salary/ Title
- Signing bonus
- Stock options
- Start date
- What are the primary underlying interests?
Joe Tech (employee):
- I want to be in the business development department (rather than in product management).
- Salary/ title: since management levels and job titles are directly linked to the size of year-end bonuses and options, I would rather go for the highest possible management level, even if it means a few thousands dollars less in salary.
- Assignment: I will tries to negotiate a change in RR’s offer from product management to business development on the base that the FourCom offer is in business development.
- Signing bonus: I would like RR to match the $20,000 bonus offered by FourCom.
- Relocation: Getting a better relocation sum/package that covers all moving costs, broker costs, potential storage, and a flat sum for other extraneous costs.
- Stock options: I will view this as a last resort should RR be unwilling to concede on other issues.
- Start date: This is not a major concern, although would like to be able to go travel around Europe for a few months af