Answer the Module Review questions listed below. These questions were chosen to demonstrate your understanding and help you assess your progress.
1. Are the form and use of information and decision support systems for managers and business professionals changing and expanding? Why or why not?
2. Has the growth of self-directed teams to manage work in organizations changed the need for strategic, tactical, and operational decision making in business?
3. What is the difference between the ability of a manager to retrieve information instantly on demand using an MIS and the capabilities provided by a DSS?
4. What kind of user training should an organization provide to new employees before they start working?
5. What is the difference among the parallel, direct, phased, and pilot forms of IS conversion? Which conversion strategy is best? Explain why.
6. Why has prototyping become a popular way to develop business applications? What are prototyping’s advantages and disadvantages?