1. Describe a major issue that can rise when using sampling as a global market tool.
The disadvantages associated with using sampling as a global market tool is the cost of sampling and difficulties in assessing the contribution sampling program makes. Sampling a market gives away the product and sometimes the company will even pay participants, so add the cost of hiring a market research firm and the amount of revenue lost while you wait for results, and the cumulative cost can be quit high. So on a global scale you really have to hit the mark with marketing and using sampling as a tool,which may not be the first choice in my opinion for expanding on an international level.
2. Explain how you would mitigate the issue or problem with sale promotion.
1. Use a co-op funds management tool to assign, distribute, and reconcile funds that ties into the same marketing resource management platform where the preconfigured marketing programs are offered.
2. Make sure the tool has electronic funds distribution of disbursements and reimbursements, appoval functionality and historical account statements to track fund usage behavior overtime.
3. Revise what your internal process and the tool can do to help with compliance for tax and legal regulations, and in providing an audit trail.
3. Describe a major issue or problem that can arise in markets when conducting personal selling in another country.
The Golden Rule Of Personal Selling refers to the sales philosophy of unselfishly treating others as you would like to be treated. The main issue would be your ability to communicate effectively and have integrity, which means standing on the principles of unselfish and ethical service.
4. Explain how you would mitigate the issue or problem with personal selling.
To mitigate the problems and issues with personal selling starts with being well trained. Acting as a problem solver and advisor for customers rather than using hard selling tactics are the attributes that can help personal selling build loyal, long-term relationships with customers.
Discussion board 8-1. Sales Promotion. Please respond to the following:
1. Describe a major issue that can arise when using sampling as a global marketing tool.
Sampling gives prospective customers a chance to try a product or service at no cost. Major issues that can arise when using sampling as a global marketing tool include the fact that the product is unfamiliar to consumers as well as regulations that are placed on businesses in a particular country.
2. Explain how you would mitigate the issue or problem with sales promotions.
For me it would always go back to educating the potential customer about the benefits of a particular product. Also, being sensitive to the political and cultural climate of a particular country. Many promotions should be strategically placed to a niche community then grow from there.
3. Describe the major issue or problem that can arise in markets when conducting personal selling in another country.
According to our lecture "Because selling provides a two-way communication channel, it is especially important in marketing industrial products that may be expensive and technologically complex. Sales personnel can often provide headquarters with important customer feedback that can be utilized in design and engineering decisions. Global marketing presents additional challenges because the buyer and seller may come from different national or cultural backgrounds". The main thing to keep in mind is lea