The final paper should demonstrate an application of your knowledge of Organizational Management by synthesizing the information from the readings and class work into work and life experience. Your paper may include information and examples from previous experience as well as implications for future application.
Focus of the Final Paper
The final paper should apply one of the Change Models from the course text to a major business organization (Ford, GM, Chrysler, IBM, Citigroup, Bank of America, Southwest Airlines, Best Buy Stores, etc.).
In your paper:
- Analyze the changes that have been implemented (down-sizing, right-sizing, new product development, changed processes, governmental actions including laws, etc.) and the problems they addressed
- Identify new changes that still need to be implemented for the organization to remain competitive within the industry
- Assess the effectiveness of the changes already implemented and the potential benefit of the new changes
The Final Paper for the course must be submitted to the instructor by 11:59 p.m. of the time zone in which you reside on the last day of the class.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must write 2200 words and formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Name of paper
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in your approved style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.