Assignment 3: Final Project: Conduct a Risk Assessment of the Political-Legal Environment
In this week's portion of the final project, you will conduct a risk assessment of the political-legal environment for the acquisition of the company by MICUS. Include in your risk assessment the following topics:
- Government and politics: Describe the type of government and recent political developments that could influence the economic and business environment.
- Formal trade barriers: Identify formal trade barriers (tariffs and other taxes, foreign exchange controls, ownership restrictions) that might require MICUS to adapt its business strategy.
- Promoting global business. Analyze governmental efforts to attract foreign investment. (For example, some nations offer tax incentives to attract foreign capital.)
- Intellectual property: Discuss the country's regulations to protect intellectual property, such as brand names, copyrights, trademarks, software, course delivery methods, syllabi, curriculum design, course materials, etc. (Some countries do not enforce these laws resulting in the pirating of products and lost profits for companies.)
- Recommended actions: Suggest actions you believe might be necessary for MICUS to take with regard to factors in the country's political and legal environment.
- Conclusions: Draw conclusions about the material you have presented. The opinions or judgments you present should be supported by your research.
By Tuesday, November 27, 2012, submit a Word document providing your analysis and research findings on the topics indicated. You are expected to include statistical data when possible, including tables, graphs, and other visuals that support and enhance your study. Provide your conclusions of the environment based on your research and analysis.
Be sure to provide your sources. For example, include the source where specific data was found; follow APA style for citing your sources. Submit your completed assignment as a Word document to the W3: Assignment 3 Dropbox.
It is recommended that you continue to build your PowerPoint presentation that will be submitted in Week 6 as an Executive Summary.
Please rate my work.thanks a lot