1. Which of the following would be coded within the HCPCS Level II series code range of A4206–A8004?
A. Ambulance ride to an emergency department
B. Artificial kidney machine
C. Commode chair
D. Sterile needle
2. HCPCS Level II drugs are listed mainly in which of the following coding sections?
A. A codes C. J codes
B. F codes D. Q codes
3. HCPCS Level II modifiers may be used with
A. Level I or Level II HCPCS codes. C. CPT codes only.
B. Level I, II, or III HCPCS codes. D. CPT and ICD-9-CM procedure codes.
4. Services like transportation and wheelchairs are reported under
A.ICD-9-CM. C. HCPCS Level I codes.
B. CPT. D. HCPCS Level II E codes.
5. An ambulance picks up a patient at her sister’s house. Which of the following is the correct modifier for this type of service?
A. -H C. -R
B. -P D. -RH
6. The code A4642 is classified under which of the following categories?
A. Drug C. Ambulance service
B. Supply D. Durable medical equipment
7. What is the corresponding HCPCS Level II code for HCPCS Level I code 96360?
A. S9373 C. S9376
B. S9374 D. S9375
8. In what category do you code administration of Procrit if not identified by Levels I or II?
A. A codes C. J codes
B. G codes D. Q codes
9. Which of the following is the HCPCS Level II code for a single-use chemotherapy pump?
A. E0781 C. A9270
B. G0361 D. 99070
10. Which of the following is a true statement about HCPCS Level II supplies?
A. They’re often included within the procedure code.
B. They’re always coded separately.
C. They’re covered under "unlisted" procedure codes.
D. They’re covered under HCPCS Level I.
Part B: Complete the following exercises by using the appropriate codes. Code only the
HCPCS Level II code or codes (plus modifiers, if applicable) for each example. Use the lists
that you downloaded from the CMS.
1. Ambulance service, conventional air services, transport, one-way fixed wing.:- A codes
2. Hemodialysis machine :- E codes, G modifier
3. Colorectal rectal cancer screening flexible sigmoidoscopy :- J codes
4. Infusion, albumin (human), 5%, 50 mL: - B codes
5. Gastrostomy tubing : - K codes
6. Heavy-duty folding walker with a seat and wheels :- A codes
7. Psychiatrist screens a patient to determine eligibility for an alcohol and drug program :- H codes
8. Transportation of a portable EKG to a physician’s office for a patient : - P codes, x modifier
9. Anterior chamber intraocular lens :- Q codes
10. TLSO corset front :- V codes