MBA 533 FINAL PAPER
Discuss in a 15-page paper with properly formatted APA citations and bibliography, how the various parts of the human resource system used in an organization you are familiar with (can be your own or another—no need to name names, but you should talk about the types of service or products supplied by the organization) align and support each other. These parts should include the:
•job design issues
•selection approaches used,
•performance appraisal systems,
•promotion systems implemented,
•pay parts, and the other benefits, and
•general supervisory styles and how they tend to support each other.
Be sure to discuss how these parts seem to be impacting employee morale, organizational efficiency and productivity, the work/life balance of the employees and the climate and culture of the organization. In the conclusion section, outline recommendations for the organization, recommendations that might make the parts fit together better, and those that might make employee morale, organizational efficiency and productivity, work/life balance, and the climate and culture of the organization match better.
The paper(s) written in this class will be graded with the following rubric (criteria) in mind:
1. Has the student answered the questions (issues) asked?
2. Are the responses written in ways that are coherent, and are the concepts integrated into a meaningful whole; is there a good flow to your discussion (an introduction, a body to the material presented, and a summary at the end)?
3. Does the student use the literature (studies, experts’ ideas, current articles, etc.) to support their arguments and main points made?
4. Does the student use good grammar, spelling, sentence structure, etc. that would be considered Master’s level work?
5. Does the student use proper APA formatting in the citations and a proper APA bibliography at the end?