Due: By Midnight, Monday, March 11, 2013
Directions: Select a research article from one of the major sociologicaljournals (published between 2012 and 2013) and analyze it by addressing in some detail the following points. A one-sentence response is not a sufficient explanation for either of the points. Include a copy of the article (or link) with your analysis.
2. Use the full titles of the article and the journal - No abbreviations.
C. Theoretical Perspective/ theory:
1. Discuss the sociological theory or theoretical perspective used in the article.
2. Is the theory or theoretical perspective identified by the author(s) or did you identify the theory?
1. What methods are used to collect the data? What is the major source of the data?
2. Describe the sample used in the study.
3. What methods are used to analyze the data?
F. Student Conclusions:
1. What are your major thoughts after reading the article?
2. What important controversies/issues in sociology may have affected how this article was written?
3. What controversies/issues in American society might have shaped the article?
4. To which subfields of sociology can the article be related?