You are the manager of an accounting department and would like to hire another managerial accountant to focus on internal accounting. The CEO is not convinced that a managing accountant position is needed. Prepare a 1–2 page memo for the CEO on the following:
- Explain the objectives and characteristics of an internal accounting system.
- Include an explanation of the importance of this information to the company.
- Include an explanation of ethics in business and the managerial accountant’s role in upholding the code of ethics
Consider the following scenario:
You are a senior level manager in a large company:
- List and explain the types of accounting information that are important to you and your staff when making decisions.
- Explain how your managerial accountant uses technology to develop and communicate this information throughout your large company.