1.How do business activities and inventories for a manufacturing company, a merchandising company, and a service company differ? Discuss.
2. Describe how the materials requisition can help safeguard a company’s assets.
3. What does equivalent unit of production (EUP) mean? Why do we have to use EUP in process costing?
4. Discuss the pros and cons of cost-volume profit (CVP) analysis. If you were a manager in an organization, would you use CVP analysis? Provide detailed rationale for your position.
5. In a job order costing system, the job or batch is the focus. Identify and explain the main focus in process costing. Examples will be appropriate in your discussion.
6. Would a manager at an Apple retail store participate more in budgeting than a manager at the corporate office? Explain your position.
7. A retail company is considering opening a new store. Explain two or more factors management must consider in deciding whether or not to expand. Would these factors be same or different if the company was instead considering eliminating an unprofitable segment? Explain why or why not?
8. Identify the advantages and disadvantages of using two of the following in comparing investments:
-Accounting rate of return, net present value, payback period, and internal rate of return.
Which one of the four methods of comparing investments would you choose and why?