1. ________ is a collection of change methods that seek to improve organizational effectiveness and employee well-being.
2. Which of the following is the first step in Kotter’s eight-step plan for implementing change?
3. Which of the following actions can extinguish risk taking and innovation?
4. Decision making within which one of the following organizational structures follows a strict chain of command?
5. ________ are persons who act as catalysts and assume the responsibility for managing refinement activities.
6. Strategy of differentiation consists of which of the following?
7. Entering into various types of business ventures outside of the realm of an organization’s usual type of business is an example of a ________ strategy.
8. The deemphasizing of hierarchical authority and control in organizational development is referred to as
9. A(n) ________ organization is an organization that takes on a life of its own, apart from its founders and members, and is valued for itself and not for the goods or services it produces.
10. Culture is most likely to be a liability when
11. The focus of a single segmentation within a scope strategy is known as a _______ strategy.
12. Which of the following statements is true regarding the functions of culture in an organization?
13. Which of the following factors is least likely to have an impact on organizational structure?
14. Idea champions display characteristics associated with _________ leadership.
15. Which of the following is typically a characteristic of the mechanistic model of organization?
16. Sometimes, businesses find it necessary to reconceive their core business. Which of the following would be the least effective strategy for doing so?
17. Which of the following is the last step in Kotter’s eight-step plan for implementing change?
18. It is easiest for management to deal with resistance when it is
19. Which of the following is an example of an individual source of resistance to change?
20. Confusion in who reports to whom is a weakness of which one of the following organizational structures
21. Which of the following resistances to change is implicit?
22. Which of the following statements is true regarding innovation?
23. A(n) __________ strategy emphasizes the introduction of major new products and services.
24. Which of the following is least likely to lend to a simple organizational structure?
25. Which of the following is least likely to realize a competitive advantage for an organization?