Week 5 Quiz
1) Which of the following powers do administrative agencies typically have?
2) Officers of a corporation typically can have which types of agency authority to bind the corporation?
3) Tuff-Steele Constructions, Inc. has not been adhering to appropriate worker safety rules. As a result, there have been an increased number of on-site accidents and several construction workers have sustained serious injuries. Which of the following powers will allow an administrative agency to bring agency proceedings against Tuff-Steele Constructions?
4) If a corporate officer or director acts in a manner to make use of an advantage that he or she knows will only benefit himself or herself and deprives the corporation of that advantage, what breach of fiduciary duty has been committed?
5) Which of the following is likely to be a breach of a corporate officer’s or director’s duty of care?
6) The Sarbanes-Oxley Act prohibits publicly traded companies from making personal loans to whom?
7) According to the provisions set forth by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, which federal government agency may issue an order prohibiting any person who has committed securities fraud from acting as an officer or a director of a public company?
8) In order to protect wildlife that may be subject to scarcity, which Executive Branch cabinet member designates which species of wildlife may be endangered or threatened?
· Secretary of Homeland Security
· Secretary of Health and Human Services
· Secretary of the Interior
· Secretary of Commerce
9) In order to prevent and clear hazardous wastes that increase mortality or serious illness, the federal government established a specific method to finance the cleaning of polluted areas by enacting what statute?
10) Under what system of corporate voting by shareholders can a minority shareholder achieve success in electing someone to the board of directors?
11) In 1970, Congress established an administrative agency to enforce statutes enacted to protect the air and water of this country. What is the name of this agency?
12) Unless otherwise stated in the articles of incorporation, a quorum to hold a meeting of the shareholders is generally defined as which of the following?
13) If a corporate officer in the position of secretary intentionally takes over the powers provided to the treasurer in the corporate documents, what fiduciary duty does that corporate secretary breach?
14) The Sarbanes-Oxley Act is intended to increase the confidence of the public and investors through increasing which of the following?
15) Which of the following is true of the Federal Trade Commission?