INF220 Final Paper
The final paper will demonstrate the students’ ability to assimilate, synthesize, and apply the concepts of management information systems; specifically how information systems transform business; how information systems help to solve business problems; how information systems support major business functions, and how information systems affect business careers.
1. How are information systems transforming business and what is their relationship to globalization?
2. Why are information systems so essential for running and managing a business today?
3. What exactly is an information system? How does it work? What are its people, organization, and technology components?
4. How will a four-step method for business problem solving help you solve information system-relations problems?
5. Identify and describe the major features of a business that are important for understanding the role of information systems.
6. Describe the information systems supporting the major business functions: sales and marketing, manufacturing and production, finance and accounting, and human resources.
7. How will information systems affect business careers and what information