HSM 210 [Wk #1 - DQ 1&2] + CheckPoint: Deinstitutionalization of the Mentally [University of Phoenix]
DQ #1 –
· What have been the most significant changes in health and human services over the past fifty years?
· How has society’s responsibility to individual needs changed in the last ten years?
· Who should determine health and human services needs?
· What should the role of health and human services workers be in relation to the future needs of American society?
DQ #2 –
· Taking into consideration what you have read in the text about changing human needs, which demographic trends do you expect to have the greatest impact on health and human services delivery in the United States in the next 10 years?
· Which of these trends do you expect to also have the greatest impact on your city or state in 10 years? Explain your answer.
CheckPoint: Week #1
· How did deinstitutionalization impact the local community in your article?
· How is the local community dealing with related problems, such as homelessness, crime, and the spread of communicable diseases?