HICLAS BREWERIES LTD.
The company was founded in 1949 by its co-founder(Abel Wa Mutua) immediately after the colonial period.It started as local ''busaa" brewing center where the elderly and the village men would gather to take their brew.As time progressed,the local brewery owner got to partner with investors in the 1980s who brought in modern equipment for fermenting and making liquor that was safe and up to standard for consumption.It continued to grow over the years ,up to now it is the major brewery supplying company delivering almost all the liquor in Kenya to pubs and retail sellers.
HICLAS LTD has established itself , one of its kind Kenyan pride and is humbled to be the producer of healthy, affordable, and high-quality product, second to none at the present time in the Kenyan market.
The company's Mission and Vision.
- To be the leading brew company in Africa with a produce that is Natural,sugar-free and of High Quality while ensuring consistency in high-quality production.
To be none like no other;one of its kind.
- Next to Kenya Cinema,Kando village in Nairobi,along cardinal Tunga way,Kenya.
The company's current situation.
The company is facing its major crisis that has never been experienced ever before.
- The company faces stiff competition from foreign companies like from the Tusker Brewery Company from the united kingdom.It is facing stiff competition from its competitors majorly after its main competitor(the KENYAU LOCAL BREW LTD) lowered its commodity price by almost half of its original price.
- The government launched down a crackdown to investigate the cause of death of a liquor consumer whom it is said that he immediately died after consuming the Hiclas Legend Spirit.
- The company is also accused publicly over the media of avoiding to pay tax to the government.
Strategies to regain customers and return to original market standards.
- 1.Proving the innocence of the company of not being the cause of the death of the liquor consumer.The reason for the demise of the consumer MUST be announced clearly after being proven by a medical practitioner of the real cause of the death.
- 2.Lowering the price of its commodities to be at close range with the main competitors market price.Maybe the price of the commodity had become higher compared to the current market price.Its consumers shifted their consumption to another brew to get the same satisfaction.
- 3.The company providing its tax compliance certificates that will prove it has been paying TAX.Without proving that the company has been paying TAX to the government,it may be penalized for tax evasion or the company may be forced to be closed down.
- 4.To report and open a case file in court against the media house slandering the company's image for compensation.The media publicing about the company evading to pay tax should be taken to court to prove their accusation,failure will result in penalties of compensation for tainting the name of the HICLAS company.
- 5.Rebranding and marketing their produce in a different way from the original way.Changing the marketing strategy for the product can help regain consumer trust.This will enable the Company regain to its original market standards.
- 6.The company to ensure that it adheres fully to the laws and regulation(requirements) concerning the brewing industry.The company should ensure that it produces a safe commodity safe for human consumption.
Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) analysis for the Hiclas Breweries LTD.
Strengths of the company.
- 1.The company has been the leading brew producer in Kenya since the colonial era despite currently facing stiff competition from its competitors.
- 2.The company managed to launch an innovation system unit to be helping nature young innovators who at the wrong run may be absorbed into the company to better its production to satisfy consumer needs more.
- 3.The company managed to recover to its original market standards around 7 years ago after it was attacked and property looted and valuable equipment stolen.
weaknesses in the company.
- 1.No change in leadership.
Old blood in the company may have resulted in its current failure patterns.Change in the administration system can help bring in new ideas into the enterprise that may enable it thrive and raise its standards in the brewery industry.
- 2. No main road connecting to the company premises.
Transportation has also been a challenge to the company.Commodity does not get to the consumers immediately after production.
- 3.Ghost workers in the company.
Ghost workers in the company have made the company lose a lot of capital paying workers who are not existing.This results in wastage of resources that would have been used to develop the comp
opportunities for the company.
The company has seen a lot of potential opportunities