Here you go buddy - 49974

Solution Posted by
AYCC4

AYCC4

Rating : No Rating
Solution Detail
Price: $5.00
  • From: ,
  • Posted on: Sun 23 Mar, 2014
  • Request id: # 49367
  • Purchased: 0 time(s)
  • Average Rating: No rating
Request Description
Solution Description

While camping with the family, Shannon was severely burned by ignited gasoline. Her father was pumping the fuel tank on his Coleman stove when a stream of fuel, without warning, ejected through the filler cap, crossed the campfire, ignited, and landed on Shannon, some 10 to 12 feet away. At trial, experts testified that the design of a gas tank using a cap with a vent hole used by Coleman was defective with respect to safety and that there were alternative cap designs that Coleman could have utilized to accomplish ventilation of the tank without the cap having any of the vent hole characteristics. Furthermore, despite Coleman’s knowledge of the possibility of fuel spraying through the vent hole of the filter cap, no warnings were on the product to advise users not to open the