1. _______, a form of discrimination, occurs when an unqualified man receives a promotion rather than a
qualified female applicant.
A. Disparate impact
B. Desperate measures
C. Minority impact
D. Disparate treatment
2. On the basis of analysis of historical sales, gross margins, turnover, the sizes of product packaging for
each SKU, and the retailer's design criteria, a software can determines the optimal shelf space and location
for each SKU. This describes the process of creating an effective
A. placement plan.
B. merchandise plan.
C. allocation plan.
3. Mercer was getting bored with his job as a sales clerk in the home department until his manager gave
him responsibility for training a new salesperson in his area which he likes to do. This is an example of
A. the unity of command principle.
B. an extrinsic reward.
C. an intrinsic reward.
D. management by objective.
4. Clarissa's department had the worst sales performance in months. She was confident that she had quality
merchandise and satisfied employees, so she should concentrate her efforts on
A. autocratic behaviors.
B. hiring mature employees.
C. task performance behaviors.
D. group maintenance behaviors.
5. The difference between the service aspect and the merchandise aspect of the retail offering is _______
caused by intangibility of service.