HCS 451 week 3 Individual Assignment Quality Management Assessment Summary
Individual Assignment: Quality Management Assessment Summary
· Resource: Quality Management Assessment Summary Grading Criteria
· Research key concepts of quality management in health care, factors that influence quality outcomes, and the relationship between risk management and quality management.
· Explain three to five key concepts of quality management. Comment briefly on why there are so many other names and terms used to describe quality management—continuous quality improvement, total quality management, performance management, and performance improvement—and if these distinctions are important. Explain the terminology your chosen organization type uses and why your organization uses them.
· Identify at least three of the organization type’s typical long-term goals and at least three typical short-term goals.
· Identify at least five factors—internal and external—that influence quality outcomes in your chosen organization type and describe how these factors might negatively affect quality outcomes in your organization.
· Identify three to five fundamental quality-management policies that should be implemented, how these relate to risk management, and how they will influence health outcomes.
· Explain the relationship between risk management and quality management in your chosen organization type and how these two disciplines relate to performance management.