Select an organization type in the health care industry as the basis for this assignment. The organization may be your employer or a health care organization of particular interest to you. Types of health care organizations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Nursing facility
- Physician office
- Emergency medical services
- Managed care organization
- Home health care
- Community health department or provider
- Drug manufacturer
- Medical device manufacturer
- Durable medical equipment supplier
- Electronic medical records software suppliers
Research the key concepts of risk and quality management in health care and the factors that influence risk and quality management for your chosen type of organization.
Research the relationship between risk management and quality management.
Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word executive summary in which you complete the following:
- Describe your chosen organization.
- Describe the purpose of risk and quality management in health care organizations in general and in your chosen organization.
- Describe the key concepts of risk and quality management in your chosen organization.
- Explain steps the organization may take to identify and manage their risks.
- Identify at least three typical or actual risks in the organization. Describe how the risks might negatively affect the quality.
- Identify at least three internal and external factors that influence quality outcomes in the organization. Describe how these factors might negatively affect quality outcomes for the organization.
- Outline at least three of the organization’s long-term goals and at least three short-term goals.
- Identify at least three fundamental risks and quality management policies that should be implemented and how they will influence health outcomes.
- Explain the relationship between risk management and quality management in the organization and how these two disciplines complement each other.
Include at least four sources, two from the University Library and two from either the course textbooks or this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. Prepare a reference list of all resources and websites used in your research.
Format the executive summary and reference list consistent with APA guidelines.
The main principle of the risk management is to prevent troubles before they occur. Organizations have a department of risk management that helps reduce injuries an