HCS335 Week 2 Individual Assignment Ethics Case Study (***** APA Format + 1045 words+ Conclusion+ 5 References+ as discussed *****)
Resource: Ethics Case Study Grading Criteria included as an attachment in the Course Materials.
Read the case study in Ch. 4 (Page 85) of Medical Law and Ethics that begins, “Jerry McCAll is Dr. William’s office assistant.”
Prepare a 700- to 1050-word paper in which you answer the following questions:
- Does Jerry’s medical training qualify him to issue this refill order? Why or why not?
- Would it make a difference if the medication was for controlling high blood pressure that the patient critically needs on a daily basis? Why or why not?
- If Jerry calls in the refill and the patient has an adverse reaction while flying, is Jerry protected from a lawsuit under the doctrine of respondent superior?
- What is your advice to Jerry?
- Major legal and ethical issues that may affect Jerry’s decision are identified.
- Problem-solving methods to assist in making an ethical decision are included.
Include at least two sources in your paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
- The paper is 700 to 1,050 words in length.
- The introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
- The conclusion is logical, flows, and reviews the major points.
HCS335 Week 2 Individual Assignment Ethics Case Study
HCS/335 Week 2 Ethics Case Study
HCS 335 Application of Ethics Within Individual Organizations