American immigration policies ( 3 pages + APA Format + Answered All question + Conclusion + References )
American Culture in Transition
Phase 2 Individual Project
That all concern the topic of immigration, construct a paper of 2–3 pages that addresses the following:
- Give a brief narrative regarding a few important American immigration policies from the 20th century.
- Who were the "new immigrants" in the early 1900s?
- What challenges did they face?
- What is the significance of Ellis Island?
- What did the Immigration Act of 1924 do, and how did that differ from the Immigration Act of 1965?
- What are your opinions regarding the present debate surrounding undocumented workers and illegal aliens?
- Should there be, as the current phrasing is discussed, a "pathway to citizenship"?