1. TCO A) Which of the following does NOT always increase a company's market value?
2. (TCO F) Which of the following statements is correct?
3. (TCO D) The Ackert Company's last dividend was $1.55. The dividend growth rate is expected to be constant at 1.5% for 2 years, after which dividends are expected to grow at a rate of 8.0% forever. The firm's required return (rs) is 12.0%. What is the best estimate of the current stock price?
4. (TCO G) The Chadmark Corporation's budgeted monthly sales are $3,000. In the first month, 40% of its customers pay and take the 2% discount.
The remaining 60% pay in the month following the sale and don't receive a discount.
Chadmark's bad debts are very small and are excluded from this analysis. Purchases for next month's sales are constant each month at $1,500.
Other payments for wages, rent, and taxes are constant at $700 per month. Construct a single month's cash budget with the information given.
What is the average cash gain or (loss) during a typical month for the Chadmark Corporation?
5. (TCO G) Clayton Industries is planning its operations for next year, and Ronnie Clayton, the CEO, wants you to forecast the firm's additional funds needed (AFN). The firm is operating at full capacity. Data for use in your forecast are shown below. Based on the AFN equation, what is the AFN for the coming year? Dollars are in millions.