Few important American immigration policies from the 20th century
· Give a brief narrative regarding a few important American immigration policies from the 20th century.
· Who were the "new immigrants" in the early 1900s?
· What challenges did they face?
· What is the significance of Ellis Island?
· What did the Immigration Act of 1924 do, and how did that differ from the Immigration Act of 1965?
· What are your opinions regarding the present debate surrounding undocumented workers and illegal aliens?
· Should there be, as the current phrasing is discussed, a "pathway to citizenship"?