Selected company is General Motors
- Select a company of your choice, and review a Form 10-K filed with the SEC. Communicate with your group to ensure that each group member reviews a different company.
- Prepare a paper of 1300 words on the following:
- What type of segment reporting is required of annual financial statements, as defined by FASB Statement No. 131?
- Compare these requirements to the financial information and disclosures included in Form 10-K of the company you selected.
- Are they adequate? Why or why not?
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the Form 10-K information and disclosures in terms of whether they provide relevant and reliable information to investors.
- Note any areas for improvement you may see.