ETH125 Version 8 week 5 Historical Report on Race
Search the Internet for groups and organizations promoting racial equality. Use the information from the textbooks and your web search to complete this assignment.
Identify one racial group from the list below:
- African American
- Asian American
- Middle Eastern American
- Hispanic American/Latino
- Native American
Write a 750- to 1,050-word paper from one of the perspectives below:
- A historian writing about the racial group in a book chapter
- A news reporter writing a newspaper article or blog entry about the racial group
- An individual member of the racial group, writing a personal letter to a friend who is not a member of that racial group
Answer the following questions:
- What have been the experiences of this racial group throughout U.S. history?
- What have been the political, social, and cultural issues and concerns throughout American history?
- What legislation meant to constrain race within prejudicial boundaries was enacted? How did the various groups you researched fight this legislation?
What legislation meant to alleviate prejudicial boundaries has been enacted? How did the various groups you researched promote this legislation?