The class is Economics 405- Economics of social isses.
Assignment 1: Article Analysis
Locate a news article about an issue that has been addressed in Weeks 1 through 3 (e.g., poverty, pollution, etc.) in order to conduct a meta-analysis of the author’s economic perspective of the issue.
Write a 2000 words paper in which you:
- Provide a brief overview / synopsis of the issue.
- Discuss the model or economic theory that relates to the issue presented in the news article.
- Discuss what economic theory states and predicts about the issue presented in the news article.
- Discuss how the situation / issue presented in the news article align with economic theory. For example, does it make sense from an economic perspective; is the outcome presented in the article what economic theory would predict, etc.?
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific Course Learning Outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the economic impact of major social problems and issues such as poverty, discrimination, crime, income distribution, the role of government, and other major issues.
- Explain how the economic behavior of individuals, businesses, and governments can affect economic growth, social well-being, and the quality of life.
- Use technology and information resources to research economic problems and issues.
- Write clearly and concisely about economic problems and issues using proper writing mechanics