Week 3 Current Market Conditions Competitive Analysis
Imagine you are part of a strategic planning group at a large corporation that is considering developing a new proposed product. The marketing director has asked your team to do a competitive market analysis to determine the product's potential success. The analysis will focus on your primary competitor in the product's market.
Select a potential competitive organization and a product in that organization.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper analyzing the current market conditions. Address the following topics:
• A short history of the organization and a description of their product
• Factors that affect demand, supply, and prices in the market in which the competitor organization operates
• Define the market for your chosen product, including an analysis of its competitors, and customers.
• Any issues or opportunities your organization faces that affect its competitiveness and long-term profitability with regards to your product: This may include but is not limited to the following elements:
o Price elasticity of demand
o Technological innovation
o The relationship between the amount of labor & capital employed and the law of diminishing marginal productivity
o Cost structure
• Factors affecting variable costs, including productivity and others that change the supply of and demand for labor
• Factors affecting fixed costs
Make recommendations on how your organization can maximize their profit-making potential and successfully compete in the new market. Consider the effect your recommendations may have on marginal revenues and costs.
Use a minimum of 3 peer reviewed sources.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.
ECO 365 Week 3 Current Ma