- Indicate how high entry barriers into a market will influence :
- Long-run profitability of the firms
- Cost efficiency of the In an eight-to ten-page paper, describe each market structure discussed in the course (perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, monopoly), provide a real-life example of each market, and respond to the following for each market structure:firms in the industry
- Likelihood that some inefficient firms will survive
- Incentive of entrepreneurs to develop substitutes for the product supplied by the firms
- Are competitive pressures present in markets with high barriers to entry? Explain.
- Describe which market structure you would prefer for selling products. Explain why and support your answer with the characteristics of that market.
- Describe which market structure you would prefer for buying products. Explain why and support your answer with the characteristics of that market.
- How does each market structure respond to price changes of the products that they sell? Explain whether each market structure will be selling elastic or inelastic products, and how this will affect the market price charged.
- How does the role of the government affect each market structure’s ability to price their products?
- How does international trade affect each market structure?
Your paper will need to include a title page, reference page, and in-text citations that are formatted in accordance with APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center . Also, your content should be eight to ten pages, which does not include your reference or title page. You will need to include five academic sources from the Ashford University Library to include in your paper as part of your research to support your work and analysis.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student's name
- Course name and number
- Instructor's name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources from the Ashford University Library.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.