Using an appropriate graphic organizer:
- Distinguish osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and osteoarthritis based on signs and symptoms.
- Compare their pathophysiology, etiology, manifestations, possible complications, and treatments.
Mrs. Oliver has pain and stiffness in the muscles and tendons of her shoulders, legs, and neck. She had osteoarthritis too. Her discomfort increases during stress. She is depressed.
- What may be the diagnosis?
- What is her substance P level?
- What are the other signs and symptoms?